Retail store managers are responsible for the daily store operations. The aim of any retail manager is to maximize profit while minimising costs. Retail managers ensure promotions are executed with excellence, are accurate and merchandised to the company’s standards, working with in the timeline and meeting the mandated deadlines. Managers ensure staff are fully versed on product, promotions, targets and KPI’S for the day, week and month. Provide excellent customer experiences and ensure all standards are meeting company’s expectations.
Responsible & Accountable for:
- Hiring, Recruiting, supervising, appraising and Retention of quality Assistant Managers, Sales Lead and Staff
- Providing and organizing training and development
- Managing and maximizing profitability and setting /meeting sales targets
- Motivating a team to maximizing profitability and setting /meeting sales targets and ensure efficiency
- Managing Budgets and Payroll
- Maintaining statistical records
- Overseeing pricing and inventory
- Responding and resolving customer comments, queries and complaints.
- Touring the sales floor regularly, talking to colleagues and customers, and identifying or resolving urgent issues.
- Adhering to company events guidelines and standards
- Planning campaign set ups
- Ensuring standards for quality, customer service
- Ensure compliance with health and safety legislation
The Store Managers authority and where it lies:
- Hire, position and train her/his Management sales team and sales associate
- Oversee merchandising of the stores according to Visual Standards
- Oversee daily operations to ensure optimal Score card results
- Provide excellent customer service
The position requires strong skills in the following areas:
- Sales/Customer service
- Time Management
- Human Resource Management – (incl: recruiting, hiring, training, coaching, counseling, and discipline of store personnel)
- Training and development
- Teambuilding skills
- Organizational skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Planning & Problem Solving
SCOPE OF WORK
This position reports directly to District Manager
The incumbent is responsible for the effective management of:
- Generation of Sales & KPI Results
- Delivering excellent customer experiences
- Overseeing Visual Merchandising
- Recruiting, Hiring and Retention of employees
- Coaching and developing sales team to be working at optimal metrics
- All company programs trained effectively and running efficiently
Reporting directly to the District Manager the incumbent in this position will be responsible for the following
- Partnering with Management and store team to deliver a consistent and positive customer service experience in order to grow top line sales.
- Lead and Coach compliance ensuring all Company policies, procedures, direction and standards are met with in the mandated timelines and deadlines are met.
- Building, developing and promoting successful store teams through consistent leadership, clear communication and effective recruiting, hiring, staffing, coaching and development.
- Analyzing key metrics (KPI, UPT, ADS, AUR and CONVERSION) on a daily basis to drive top line sales.
- Supporting and leading store team to deliver sales targets and KPI growth.
- Identifying opportunities and missed opportunities at store location in regard to all aspects of the business
- Executing all company/store initiatives according to established timelines, deadlines and standards always striving for operational excellence.
- Maintaining a strong and genuine customer focus, providing excellent customer experiences meeting Franchisors company standards