The Sales Lead assists the Store Management in motivating and inspiring their team to achieve store productivity goals. They support the Store Management in all general operations and store programs. Ensuring promotions are executed with excellence, are accurate and merchandised to the company’s standards, working with in the timeline and meeting the mandated deadlines ensuring consistency and compliance. Support staff on product knowledge, promotions, targets and KPI’S for the day, week and month. Provide excellent customer experiences and ensure all standards are meeting company’s expectations.
Other responsibilities include: managing aspects of the store’s inventory including but not limited to store and customer repairs, receiving, replenishing. Fostering the individual and collective skills of the team for effective utilization.
Responsible & Accountable for:
- Supervises associates in all selling and operational activities, including managing inventory, and performing services for customers.
- Assists Store Management in responsibilities for the store
- Promotes customer service by ensuring that associates are greeting and assisting customers; responds to customer inquirers and complainants in a professional and timely manor.
- Performs basic operations activities including cash handling and reporting, changing prices, handling merchandise, and performing opening and closing duties; reviews time sheets and other payroll documentation.
- Demonstrates desired behaviors for staff including driving sales, handling difficult and/or complicated sales, cash management, inventory, and follow-up with customers.
- Monitors associate sales activities and productivity; acknowledges and communicates performance to associates.
- Assists Store Manager with providing a strong leadership presence and control in store, while ensuring that all customers receive good service and quality merchandise
- Maintains awareness of customers to both increase service levels and reduce security risks. Security practices, payments and exchange policies are within the current guidelines.
- Communicates regularly with Store Manager to discuss strengths, opportunities, and trends in business
- Assists Store Manager in identifying training needs and providing ongoing training opportunities to the team as needed
- Assists Store Manager in delivering consistent, in the moment, feedback and coaching
- Ensures company standards are met for store and associate appearance and dress code is adhered to at all times
- Ensures all pricing, signage, and displays adhere to company direction and standard at correct at all times
- Enforces and adheres all company policies and procedures, including health, safety, and security
- Performs all duties as directed by supervisor
The Sales Leads’ authority and where it lies:
- Train newly hired sales team members
- Participates in Visual Merchandising directives
- Oversee daily operations
- Provide excellent customer service
- Maintains a solid customer following by assisting and building loyalty and clienteling.
The position requires strong skills in the following areas:
- Sales Generation
- Customer Service
- Team building skills
- Organization skills
- Planning & Problem Solving
SCOPE OF WORK
This position reports directly to the Store Manager/and or Assistant manager in regard to any daily operations at store level.
The incumbent is responsible for the effective management of:
- Generation of Sales & KPI results
- Delivering excellent customer experiences
- Visual Merchandising &Campaign set ups
- Housekeeping & Merchandise Care Standards
- Training and supporting Sales programs & Product
- Coaching and developing sales team to be working at optimal metrics
- All Company program strained effectively and running efficiently
- Retention of employees
Reporting directly to the Store Manager/and or Assistant manager, the incumbent in this position will be responsible for the following:
- Managing all aspects of the store daily operations
- Partnering with Store Manager for delivery of a consistent and positive customer service experience in order to grow top line sales
- Ensuring the store is following the merchandising directions and operational activities; coach and lead compliance with all company policies, procedures and directives.
- Building, developing successful store teams through consistent leadership, clear communication.
- Promoting key metrics (KPI, UPT, ADS &AUR) with the Management on a daily basis to drive top line sales.
- Supporting and leading store to deliver sales targets and KPI growth through sales programs
- Identifying opportunities and missed opportunities at store location.
- Executing all company/store initiatives according to established timelines deadlines and standards and striving for operational excellence.
- Merchandising and Maintaining visual effectively to the Franchisors company standards
- Maintaining a strong and genuine customer focus, providing excellent customer experiences meeting Franchisors company standards.